The Things That Matter


Live Cover

​Naturally, we all want to do the best for our families and keep them properly protected on every occasion. In simple terms, life insurance provides a tax-free lump sum on death that gives your family a financial safety net to meet any outstanding financial commitments.  As an independent broker, we will guide you through the various options to arrive at an affordable solution that best protects your family and loved ones.

Critical Illness Cover

​Critical illness cover pays out a tax-free lump sum if you are diagnosed with a major illness as specified in the policy, for example, cancer, and heart disease. Some insurers will make a part payment on an early-stage diagnosis of a condition specified in the policy, the percentage will vary from company to company.

We’ll search the leading providers for you and find the policy you require at a competitive rate.

Income Protection

​This type of policy pays a monthly income tax-free if you are unable to work due to an illness or injury. The monthly income under the policy will be between 50% and 70% of your salary and will be paid until you are fit enough to return to work, or reach retirement age.


State benefits often aren’t very generous in this area and only a few employers will continue to support their staff through a long-term illness, so income protection policies can help families through difficult financial times.



You can choose the date at which the policy would pay out in the event of a claim. This can range from a month to up to a year. Policies that pay out sooner will have higher premiums.

Home Insurance

​Is your home protected against life’s unwelcome and unexpected events?  As well as ensuring you have life cover in place to protect your mortgage, you should think about insurance for your home and contents too.  Home insurance is a valuable safeguard that protects millions of families each year from devastating events like fire, flood and burglary.


Buildings insurance is a product and usually essential if you have a mortgage. Your lender is likely to insist you have suitable cover in place to protect their financial interest in your property.


Home contents insurance covers all the things kept in a home such as TVs, furniture and carpets and personal belongings and you can also include additional to cover certain items when they are used away from home. ​

Commercial Insurance

Commercial insurance covers businesses against losses, arising from things like damage to property or injury to employees.  Commercial insurance comes in many forms, and what you’ll need will depend upon your business.   The risks, of course, vary from business to business but public liability and professional indemnity are prudent covers for the bulk of businesses.  


Employers’ liability is an essential cover for any business with one member of staff or more and a legal requirement.

We provide insurance to any size of business, from the sole trader to a large scale construction business. 

Landlord Insurance

Landlord Insurance is designed specifically for landlords and buy-to-let owners.  There are a variety of options, all intended to keep your investments safe.


We have provided cover via our partners for a wide range of properties and tenants including landlord business insurance, multi-occupancy, students, unoccupied, local authority placements and more.  Polices are designed to offer protection for your investment and can include cover for fire, flood, accidental damage, public liability, legal protection, loss of rent and much more. 


Remember that home insurance is not suitable for rental properties and you will need specialist insurance for landlords.

Business Protection  Insurance

​Business protection insurance is vital and can be tailored whether you are a large or small business.  It provides essential financial protection, including public liability insurance and you can use this insurance to protect against:


Key Person  

This cover protects a business against the loss of one of its key employees in the event of a specified critical illness, terminal illness or death.  A key-person is someone whose long term absence or death would affect the overall profits of the business such as an owner, a director, salespeople, or any employees with specialist skills or knowledge.

Loan Protection 

Loan protection protects the business against the risk of a loan to the business needing to be repaid in the event of the critical or terminal illness or death of a loan guarantor.  The guarantor is the life assured and the business pays the premiums.


Shareholder protection protects the financial interests of shareholding business owners, partners or directors against critical or terminal illness or death of another business shareholder, such as partner or director.  

Relevant Life

Relevant Life policies are individual life cover policies. They’re designed to enable employers to offer tax-efficient death-in-service benefits to their employees outside of a registered group life scheme.   


GreenShoots Financial Ltd, Bathgate Business Centre,  6 Whitburn Road, Bathgate, West Lothian, EH48 1HH.

GreenShoots Financial Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is a Registered in Scotland with Company number: SC553850. The Registered Address is 93 South Bridge Street, Bathgate, West Lothian Scotland EH48 1TJ.


Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Greenshoots Financial Ltd is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference 772313.

The guidance contained within the website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore primarily targeted at customers in the UK.  A summary of our internal complaints handling procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at or by contacting them on 0800 023 4 567

© Copyright 2017 Greenshoots Financial Ltd. All rights reserved. Cookie Policy | Privacy Notice